Ever since we were young, we were always told to eat our fruits and vegetables… why? Because they’re “good for us.” The real question is, how are they good for us?
There are many fruits and vegetables that provide physiological benefits through their nutrition. These so called “superfoods” are better than you think. There’s one in particular that can improve blood pressure, your immune system, your liver and even prevent cancer. These aforementioned benefits are only a few of the pros of eating beets.
Yes, beets are the “superfood” that’s being placed on the pedestal. This vegetable has some serious advantages to your health and wellbeing. Incorporating it into your diet will be of your advantage. Read on to find out why.
1. What. So what exactly are beets? They’re a vegetable with taproots that are also edible. With their abundance of color and variety, this vegetable has been used both as food coloring and for medicine related purposes.
2. Food: There are many ways to consume beets. Whether they’re boiled, roasted or raw, beets are very tasty. Additionally, you can pickle them or make them into a soup. Either way, it makes for a delicious meal.
The combination of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties will effectively help lower cancer risks.
8. Detoxes Liver: Everyone likes a good detox now and then. A detoxification process is extremely beneficial for your body every once in a while.
You may not realize it, but toxics and waste accumulate throughout your body with time. The accumulation can lead to health problems. Beets are an effective form of detox that will be able to get rid of these problems as well as improve your immune system.
9. Reduced Risk of Birth Defect: Back to the fact that beets are very nutritious. This vegetable is full of Vitamin B and folate. Both of these ingredients reduce the risk of birth defects. Additionally, the Vitamin C, potassium and manganese content in beets contribute to the proper function of your muscles, kidneys, pancreas, and nerves.
Click next for more!
10. Inflammation: Many people are not aware that most chronic disease and illnesses are rooted in what appears to be a mild inflammation.
Betaine, another nutrient in beets, has a very important function. This little solder helps guard your internal organs, cells, proteins and enzymes from any stress or inflammation.
11. Lower Blood Pressure: It’s no surprise that high blood pressure is not a very good thing. If left unacknowledged, it can lead to serious cardiovascular issues. Beets come to the rescue, however, with their might ability to lower patient’s blood pressure in merely a few hours.
When nitrates in your body turn into nitric oxide, your blood vessels relax and as a result, dilate. Beets are helpful agents in this mechanism, helping improve your blood flow.