What’s worse than doing something wrong? Doing something wrong for a significant period of time only to find out about the efficiency you missed out on way later.
We’re here to make your life just a little bit easier. Many of the items you come across every day have built-in functions that many of us are yet to know.
Here are 26 objects and items that you’ve probably been using incorrectly throughout your life (like the most of us). In this case, ignorance is not necessarily bliss. Read on and discover these little tricks that are bound to make your everyday life just a tad less stressful.
1. Bottles: Ever bought a plate of french fries only to struggle with getting a sufficient amount of ketchup out of the glass? There’s actually a sweet spot on the bottle, the ‘57’ symbol, that will get that ketchup out much more easily than tapping on the bottom of the bottle.
2. Snack: Getting stuck with a snack without a spoon can be one of the most disappointing feelings. Did you know that you can actually improvise a spoon our of the foil wrapper?
3. Spaghetti: Are you one of those people that just improvise the amount of pasta they put in their pot and end up with too much or too little? Well, worry no more. You’re spaghetti scoop can also function as a measurement tool. The little hold in the middle with big enough to fit enough pasta for one serving.
4. Spoons: If you though that the hole in the handle of your pot was there for decoration, you are wrong. These slots are actually made for the purpose of holding your mixing spoon and prevent making a mess out of drips and spills.
5. Juice Boxes: To prevent the risk of squeezing your juice box too hard and having a colored stain form all around your favorite shirt, just fold the flaps on the side up and use them as handles.
6. Toilet Plunger: For future purposes, it’s important everyone knows that there are two types of plungers: for the sink and for the toilet. Don’t get the two confused, or you’ll be spending a lot more time and energy than you want trying to unclog your toilet.
7. Peanut Butter: Quick trick, keep your natural peanut butter upside down in the cabinet and you’ll avoid separation.
8. Soda Can: No, the shape of the tab on a soda can is not there for design. The little hold in the tab can actually be used to keep your straw in place when flipped over.
9. Hook: Here’s one that most of us don’t know. The loop on the back of shirts and jeans is actually there as a means of hanging your shirt while avoiding wrinkling.
10. Bobby Pins: Next time you think your bobby pin is doing a poor job holding your hair in place, check the positioning. The straight side is supposed to be on the outside since the wrinkled side provides the grip to hold your hair in place.
11. Foil: Have you tried to tear a sheet of aluminum foil or cling wrap only to have it wobble around in the box and rip an uneven strand? There’s actually a little area on the side of the box that upon being punched in, will hold the roll in place.
12. Chinese Takeout: Did you know your take out can actually be transformed into a plate. All it takes is a few folds here and there.
13. Oven Drawer: Many of us believe that these little drawers on the bottom of ovens are just another place to store food. In reality, this location is not a means of permanent storage but rather a place to keep your hot foods so they can be served without getting cold.
14. Toblerone: Most people think that Toblerone chocolate is shaped this way to provide little bite size servings of the child. The reality is that each of those triangles are there to be broke off by hand and be served as an individual triangle shaped chocolate. Many people skip the step of breaking, as the chocolate is touch and breaking can be a little challenging.