A lot of time and effort goes into planning a wedding. After all, it is the most important day of the bride’s and groom’s lives. Therefore, everything has to be perfect. That includes the wedding cake that symbolizes their new journey as a couple.
Unfortunately, things don’t always go as planned, and sometimes the wedding cake is far from perfect. Here are 16 cases where the wedding cake preparation went wrong, and the results are kind of tragic.
1. Sometimes it’s the thought that counts. We’re not sure what to make of this cake. After all, it was completed by a child trying to fulfill his imagination.
2. A simple mistake of one letter can be a huge deal. Especially when it gives the cake a whole new meaning.
3. If this cake designer was aiming to recreate the picture, I’m not so sure they were successful. However, it is most definitely a unique, one of a kind creation.
4. The colorful theme might have seemed like a good idea. However, the result look more like a bad art project rather than a wedding cake.
5. Being clean cut goes a long way. In this case, the squiggly lines and disproportionate design made the final product messy and unprofessional.
6. If you think this cake is clean cut and perfect, you might want to take a double take. Look closely and you’ll see that instead of “trust” it says “thrust.” The one letter difference really changes the demeanor of the entire creation.
7. Than there’s those people that don’t even bother trying to get a real wedding cake. They cut to the chase and put the undecorated dessert out for eating. It’s all going to end up in the same place anyway.
8. Would you believe me if I told you this was supposed to be a beach themed cake? It looks like quite the hurricane if you ask me.
9. Some people want a traditional white wedding cake, and others want a life size version of themselves to eat. You go girl! After all, it is your special day!
10. This would make for such an elegant cake… if there wasn’t the letters “PMS” printed in front of the cake in large letters.
11. This doesn’t look so much like a cake but more like a model version of the leaning tower of Pisa.
12. What’s a cake without the layers? Let’s completely disregard the difference in requested color and focus on the horrid job in blending in the different layers, and making the whole cake look like separate blocks on a stick.
13. This looks like something that was made by an eleven year old in those toy mini-ovens they get from Toys R Us.
14. We’d like to believe that baking is a form of art. Therefore, we can’t stress how important symmetry is and how greatly the lack thereof effects the demeanor of the cake.
15. It seems like middle layer of the cake completely sank and the result is actually a bit pathetic.